Saturday, January 19, 2013

Thursday practice


We had practice Thursday night with just the three of us. We worked on the 10 song list we made up last time and worked on vocal harmonies, arrangements and dynamics. These guys are pros and don’t mind working on songs to get them just right, without a lot of distractions during the rehearsal. It's a pleasure working with guys who have dedication and ambition. We made progress on all the songs and put together another list of 7 songs to work on for next Thursday.

The bass guy knows a guitarist who is wanting to get back into playing with a band. I know and have heard him play too and he's great. He was sitting in with a group at the Crystola Roadhouse Friday night, so I went down and talked to him. Unfortunately, his day job won't allow him to practice Thursdays. Too bad. He would have fit in well.

I ran the ad on Craig’s List again for a fourth and got one response from a guy who responded once before. I’m skeptical about him after talking with him on the phone for about half and hour. I don’t know. Just got a feeling he won’t fit in, but I asked him to come up next Thursday for a tryout. We’ll see how he plays and how the other guys like him.

I need to get a longer rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment