Thursday, January 17, 2013

Another One Bites The Dust



No one ever said that musicians are flakey people, right?   
The keyboard/guitar guy just called me. He has had the 10 song homework list for two weeks. He said he didn’t have time to LISTEN to any of the songs because he had to work on his cars. ??? You don’t have a CD player or Ipod?
He actually called to ask directions to the bass players house where we rehearse and mentioned the not listening thing. I didn’t say anything to him about not even listening to the songs but was going to tell him at practice that that attitude will not fly with me and he used up his one “pass.”

About half an hour after the first call, I get another call from the guy. This time he say’s he’s quitting because he’s a rocker and doesn’t want to play country music. 
Now let me get this straight. You answer an ad that says ,”Contemporary Country Trio Seeking Fourth” and you don’t want to play country music?
A few musicians I know who have had experience with this guy warned me that he was not dependable, but I’ll always give a guy enough rope to hang himself. 
That sound you hear is the trap door swinging.

No comments:

Post a Comment