Sunday, April 21, 2013

Unbelievable



Unbelievable.
The drummer we auditioned last week is a hard working guy and did his homework on the set list. His weakness for us is that he is a bit heavy with the sticks and plays everything pretty loud. We hoped he would adjust and play to the spirit of the songs, but he had trouble with that.
He also lives pretty far out east in Colorado Springs, which is a long drive to come here to rehearse.
Nobody likes to be told how to play, but we can’t have a drummer who drowns out the rest of the band.
I got this email from him this morning:
“Hey Bob& Doc,I don't think I can afford to travel up to Woodland  Park as much as we would need to be as tight as we need to be.I'm a good country drummer and you guys a good musicians also,however I think I'm going to lean towards a rockier and probably louder type of sound,and you guys probably need a little more quieter  style of drummer,hope that there are no hard fellings,I'm just not comfortable with where I believe this would be heading,Best of luck,Charles”
I’m sorry he couldn’t adjust and I understand the hardship of having to drive so far to practice. I wish him well.
I have another guy who responded to the Craig’s List ad. He was scheduled to audition yesterday, but since this drummer did such a good job working the list I gave him I decided to go with him and told the other guy we picked a drummer. I emailed him today to see if he still wants to audition.
Waiting for a response from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment