Thursday, April 18, 2013

Drummer passes list of death

I gave the guy we auditioned today a list of 11 of the more complicated dynamic songs we do on Monday last week. He did his homework and hit all the changes right on. So then I sprung some songs on him he didn't know and he did a great job picking up the dynamics with just visual ques from me and the bass player.
Doc (bass player) and he hit it off too. Always a plus when the rhythm section can get along. 
Long story short, this guy is good and he wants in. I think we can finally start moving along at a good fast pace with the full set list.
I'll be moving pretty quickly to start booking gigs in the next couple weeks. Still have to deal with a long lead time with clubs booked up 6-12 weeks out.
Cooter Creek Canyon Band coming soon  to a watering hole near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment